Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 195: The Family that Prays Together...



As a child and young adult, my parents exposed my siblings and I to prayer especially the Holy Rosary. I remember that we'd pray it daily in front of the altar during the month of October which is the feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary. Somehow the busy teenage life turned to the busy career life and sadly, the prayer habit took a back seat.

Ever since joining the BCBP community, I've been reunited with the power and essence of prayer. Understanding more about why we need to pray and how to do it properly has really rekindled the passion of prayer and praise in my heart.

Today, the entire family started the daily Holy Rosary habit at six o'clock in the evening. Kuya Jarred has been assigned the role of prayer leader and scripture reader. At first, he showed signs of restlessness but as he continued learning the Rosary, the prayers and the story of Jesus' life in the scripture readings, it sparked a curiosity and interest in him. 

With God's grace and guidance, I'm hoping we can sustain this wonderful habit in our family...and I end with the slogan that the late Fr. Patrick Peyton (the Rosary priest) has made famous, "The family that prays together, stays together."

No comments:

Post a Comment