Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 30: So you wanna be a chef eh?


"I want to do that, Mom" were the six words I heard my only son speak when he saw the very first episode of Junior MasterChef Australia.  Then he kept repeating, "I want to be a junior MasterChef too, Mom." 

So how does a Mom react to that? Well, my son has always been fascinated with food, at least eating it. I never considered him being interested in cooking although I've noticed he'd always ask things whenever he finds me doing something in the kitchen.

I thought it was wonderful that he's beginning to take interest in cooking so I told him that if he really wanted to be MasterChef, he needed to learn one of the most basic cooking skills - boiling rice. He pretty much did a great job the first time that he's gotten used to cooking the rice for dinner and weekends now. 

A few days ago, I found out that there's actually auditions going around for the Pinoy edition of Junior MasterChef and I thought that maybe under my tutelage, I can get Jarred ready to actually join the contest in the next year or so. Who knows? Maybe my son is destined to be a chef...not bad eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment