Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2: Mommy Dearest


Today is Mommy's 65th birthday. She's going on her 4th straight year in Canada so we'll be missing her so much on her special day. The last time Mommy went home was when I gave birth to my first daughter, Caitlin which was in 2006. Since then, Skype and Google Talk has been our main means of communicating with each other. 

As I journey in my life as a homemaker, I begin to realize how difficult it was for Mom then...raising three children while juggling her very busy life as a pediatrician. She has made so many sacrifices for her family and I wish she could spend more time here in the Philippines and with my kids. 

Words can never be enough to express the gratitude I feel for all the love, care and sacrifice Mom has showered on me...ours may not have been a smooth-sailing mother-daughter relationship but I'm glad I was able to realize how greatly misunderstood Mommy was all these years. I wish I could make it up to her by spending more time being with her.

I love you MOMMY!!! Happy Birthday! May the Lord continue to bless you with good health, joy and peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment