Monday, December 27, 2010

Day 361: A Reunion with Friends


I always look forward to reuniting with my ex-Aboitiz 'family' in Cebu. In my 3-year stint in the Queen City, these ladies became my family. Living away from home was indeed difficult but being with my gal pals made it easier and quite fun. We've been through a lot, our friendships tested and we've all passed with flying colors!

Having our own families and other interests have made meeting up far less in between and so whenever there is an opportunity, we grab it and make sure we make time for each other.  Due to some scheduling conflicts, our ISM Queen and her brood couldn't make it and we surely missed her this time around. 

The night was filled with good food, great talk, much laughter, amazing issues and Guinness  records of sorts (all revolving around degrees and women's handbags). Even the kids had a blast getting to know each other and bonding. By the end of the night, my kids refused to go home and were asking if they could still play with pals, Elle and Jaz. 

As with our usual get togethers, time is always too short, where stories were abundant and lengthy...it was a wonderful night filled with so much fun, camaraderie and love. There's so much to look forward to this coming new year...I'm sure we'll be given more opportunities to meet and catch up stories.

1 comment:

  1. Bwahaha! I have invented another term, the ISM Queen! Jess, is your new-found crown a compliment or an insult? Hehe.

    In my humble opinion, our friendship withered the storms out of sincere affection for each other. We never had qualms calling each other names i.e. Cathee as "bruhilda", Jessica as "ISM Queen", Nancy as "Serena", and you all referring me as "CIA agent."

    It's a love without conditions; a friendship without boundaries.

    ReplyDelete