Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 359: A Roden Family Christmas


Christmas is a wonderful time of the year to remember the birth of a very special baby...the Messiah, our Savior Jesus Christ, who was sent by our heavenly Father to redeem us from our sins. In years past, I've been engulfed by the commercial value of the season, only looking at the lovely decors, lights and presents and never truly understanding the real reason for celebration. 


In recent years, I've been gradually stripping off the material girl in me and trying to live sufficiently on the most basic of necessities. I find that I can be happy as long as I can make my family happy - by simply being wifey and Mommy. I find joy in preparing gastronomic delights for them, seriously looking forward to their verdict ala "Iron Chef". "You're a good 'cooker', Mom!" is always music to my ears. 



This year, there is no tree, no decorations, lanterns nor garlands...in fact, you won't find wrapped presents anywhere. Even the kids were conscious about prevailing economics and did not ask what they were going to receive but focused on what they could give.  On Christmas day, the most they got were loot bags of candies and small party favors. Their Titos gifted them with shirts that they were obviously very thankful for.  And yet, their joy was not any less compared to Christmases past. If, at all, they seem to have more fun this year, being surrounded by family.



It is all about family...love and togetherness...the very reason of Christ's humble birth. May your own Christmas holidays be filled with Christ's love, joy and peace.


From our family to yours....MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment