Saturday, December 11, 2010

Day 345: Yikes!!!

After last night's heavy rainfall, this was the sight that appeared right outside our front door...can you guess what it is?  This piece of snake skin was left on our front porch terrace and the minute I saw it, I couldn't bear stepping a foot out our door. If there's any creature I'm really wary of, it's any kind of reptile. The mere sight of them makes the hairs on my skin stand up. 
I had to call our handy man over this morning just to check around the terrace just in case, the snake was still lurking or hiding in our stuff. Fortunately, the skin was the only sign of its presence. Our handy man said that it was the remnant of a Philippine cobra and upon checking at WikipediaNaja philippinensis is a highly venomous snake native to the Philippines. A bite victim usually has only about an hour to get anti-venom treatment before death occurs.

Just by merely looking at the photo above sends chills down my spine...scary!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment