Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 342: Immaculate Conception

And the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus.  - LUKE 1:30-31
Today we lovingly remember the obedience of a young woman who was to become the mother of our Lord Jesus Christ.  In all humility, she accepted God's will despite the risk of destroying her reputation during times when pregnancy without the benefit of marriage was considered taboo. 

In many occasions, the Lord would throw challenges along my way and more often, I would doubt and question whatever is happening in my life.  It is never easy to say "Yes, Lord, Your will be done."  It is the human frailty in me that makes it very difficult to submit to God's will.  Every single day is a struggle and yet also becomes an opportunity to continue trying to be open to God's plan in my life.  My prayer is that I continue to transform my life and be able to live as an obedient Christian every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment