Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 235: Hero

Growing up, I always looked up to my Dad as my own personal hero. To me, he was invincible, there was nothing he couldn't do. I was always confident that he'll be around to save me from danger and pain. So it wasn't a surprise that from the time I was a teenager, I knew that the man I would eventually marry should be someone just like Daddy. 

Well, that journey of looking for Mr. Right was such a long and arduous one...no one seemed to get past even first base of the requirements. It wasn't until I was well into my very late 20's that I met and eventually married my true hero. Although he wasn't exactly like Daddy, I'd like to believe that I chose someone who was a very close replica of Dad and at the same time, a very well-upgraded version of him. 

Daddy will always be the hero of my childhood and teenage days but hubby is and forever will be my life hero. 

Who's the hero in your life?



No comments:

Post a Comment