Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 232: We Are Family


It wasn't too long ago when it was just hubby and I starting out our life together...that was in early 2001. A year and a half later, we were blessed with our firstborn, JARRED ANDREI. And for quite a number of years, it was the three of us, living a simple life in down south Philippines. In late 2006, we welcomed a new addition to our family...our princess, CAITLIN ALYSSA. Five months after she was born, our family packed our bags and moved to Northern Mindanao, in the city of Butuan, which we now call home. Our family received a surprise blessing in early 2009 with the birth of the "bunso" of the family, CATHLEEN JANELLE. 

Life at home is rarely quiet and serene, most of the time it's filled with shrieks and laughter. The zen design hubby and I have always aspired to have in our home has taken a temporary backseat to the pieces of toys, books and thingamajigs that the kids manage to strew all over the place. There's wailing, crying and quarreling but there's also a whole lot of loving, caring, understanding and praying. 

Whenever I look at my family of five, I never cease to wonder how everything turned out to be this way...it seemed only yesterday when it was just hubby and myself. My life now revolves around what I call a HAPPY CHAOS...filled with laughter and tears, ups and downs, fighting and making up, misunderstanding and understanding, trials and blessings.

I thank God for placing me amidst this wonderful and crazy bunch I call family...it's His most wonderful gift to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment