Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 172: School Boy

Barely a week since classes started, my young school boy is slowly getting used to his new class schedule and lesson pace. Jarred has made new friends with his classmates who were transferees from other schools.

He is beginning to like the idea of staying in school for the whole day and even taking his lunch there. Many of the changes this school year will definitely teach him to be more independent and self-reliant. As a parent, I want nothing more than to see all of my children growing up to be well-adjusted, highly-independent and loving Christians. Although, the thought of them not needing me anymore does send tears to my eyes at times. Sometimes, I wish I could just slow down the hands of time and let them remain my babies for a tad longer...sigh! The next best thing now is to just make most of each day that we are given to be with them and be thankful to God for these children who are such awesome blessings from above.

No comments:

Post a Comment