Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Day 146: Home

The reality of leaving the home I've known for the last 3 years hasn't really sunk in yet and I don't expect it to ever sit well with me. Ever since I left my parents' home  12 years ago, I've been someone who is NPA (No Permanent Address) and although we've managed to settle down in a nice house in General Santos City from 2001-2007, it never  felt like home...and I always preferred those out-of-town stays in hotels more. It was only when we moved to this handsome duplex in 2007 that I felt truly at home. 

It isn't something I can probably explain in words...it's just how I feel in my heart. I've found peace and tranquility here...a place to call my own (even though we're just renting).

1 comment:

  1. It seems you have grown roots there. In my case, I only feel that kind of attachment to our ancestral house in Bacolod. Ironically, I lived in a rented bungalow in QC for a much longer period but when we moved, I didn't feel a thing. Oh, actually I did - RELIEF! :)

    ReplyDelete