Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 143: Hawaiian Tuna Melt

After nearly two months of non-food posts, the foodie in me couldn't resist but feature what we had for breakfast today. Tuna is a well-loved staple in my household. I reckon it was a taste acquired during our 5-year stay in General Santos City, the tuna capital of the Philippines.  I make it a point to serve tuna-based dishes to my family from time-to-time. One of these is a regular breakfast or snack-time favorite - Pan de Tuna

Here's my quick and easy recipe...

HAWAIIAN TUNA MELT

3 cans Century Tuna (Solid in Water), drained and flaked
1 small can pineapple tidbits
1 pouch Mayo Magic or Salad n Sandwich spread
1/4 cup grated cheese
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
pandesal
Cheez Whiz

In a bowl, mix together the flaked tuna, pineapple, mayo and cheese. Season with Italian dry herbs, salt and pepper. Spread tuna spread on one side of slitted pandesal and Cheez Whiz on the other. Toast in the oven for 3-5 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment