Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 129: Mommy and Mama


On this special day, I pay tribute to two mothers who are my inspiration and source of strength in my own journey in motherhood.

To MOMMY

Thank you for all the sacrifices you've done to give us a good life and a bright future. It is only now that I understand how difficult it must have been for you to balance your duties as a dedicated pediatrician and your obligations as a wife and mother. 

Please forgive me for failing to acknowledge your efforts by focusing on what I couldn't see. I learned to appreciate your brand of motherhood only when I became one myself. It was a trying experience for me. 

I will never forget how you rushed to my side when I gave birth to Jarred and Cailie. We were spared so much hardship with you at the helm during my two deliveries. You taught us well, Mom. So well, in fact, Jerome and I made it on our own when our bunso, CeeJae was born. You'd be proud of us...

As a doting Mommy Lola, you never cease to think about your grandchildren and provide for their needs. The kids always remember you whenever they get hold of the precious toys or wear the attractive clothing you so lovingly gave them.

Thank you will never be enough Mom. Please remember that we love you very much!

To MAMA:

How can I possibly put into words the gratitude and love I have for you in raising a wonderful son like Jerome? You've had your share of hardship and trials in raising 5 boys, almost all on your own. It must have been chaotic and scary but you've managed and all of them grew up to be exceptional young men.

Thank you for accepting me into your family and treating me like your own. I value the assistance and support you give us whenever we need a hand with the kids or we're strapped for cash.

When Mommy wasn't able to come home when I gave birth to CeeJae, you were the one who assisted us in taking care of her. You made sure I was well enough to care for the new baby myself before you returned home.

Your apos look forward to their Cebu visits because they can spend time with you. I'm touched by your generosity and kind heart. 

**************************************************************************************
On this day, I wish my two mothers a very HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! Both of you have taught me to cherish motherhood and enjoy its ups and downs. I love you both! 

No comments:

Post a Comment