Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 125: Adornment

I'm wearing something new that I consider to be a statement (a very loud one, in fact). I take pride in wearing it. From whom I got it from is a wonderful story...

As my little girl Cailie and I were riding a tricycle to summer school this morning, I noticed that Jayr, the driver was wearing something bright on his left wrist. I couldn't see it clearly at first but when I saw the letters R, D and O, I already had a pretty good idea what it was. 

So, I asked him, "So you're for this guy?" (I of course, asked in Bisaya)...to which he replied, "Oo, maayo gud siya...daghan na siya nabuhat sa atong nasud." (Yup, he's very good. He has accomplished a lot for our country already). He asked me if I was also rooting for the guy and I said yes, of course and told him my awesome experience when he visited our city. When he noticed that my wrists were free of adornment, he gladly offered to give me his bright red baller ID. According to him, he probably has 4 or more at home so it's a pleasure to share one with someone who also believes in his candidate.

And so now, I proudly wear my very own GORDON baller ID...a gift from a fellow supporter. 










1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I want one! So nice of him to give you his.

    ReplyDelete