Monday, May 3, 2010

Day 123: Being an Online Volunteer

Being a full-time and hands-on Mom of three children under the age of eight, I kept on wondering how I can lend a hand in helping out my presidential and vice-presidential candidates in their campaign. I wish I could go out like all the other volunteers and hand out flyers and talk about the credentials of Dick Gordon and Bayani Fernando but I can't since the kids would be left by themselves. 

As my friends and family can attest, I've been doing my share of online campaigning through email, Facebook and blogging. I didn't realize I could be an online volunteer of Bagumbayan-VNP too. So when the opportunity to contribute to the campaign through blogging arose, I didn't hesitate to lend a hand.

The Bagumbayan blog featured my very first election-related entry from this blog and today I wrote my very first post as an online volunteer. It felt great to be able to help in my own little way, even just causing small ripples in a vast body of water. I just hope and pray that by reading these online entries, many more people will be encouraged to think and base their vote decisions on principle and track record.

(Photo above is borrowed from Mr. Roman Po)

No comments:

Post a Comment