Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 109: Mother


This small statue was a Christmas gift from hubby's boss about 3 years ago. It depicts a mother in an embrace with her child.  During that time, all of the wives received such gift. It was sort of a tribute to us, our sacrifices, understanding and support to our hubbies and their work. Over the years, it has had its share of accidental falls, hence the chipped pieces here and there. Every time I look at it, it reminds me of my distinct role and responsibility to my family. I'm proud to be called a mother and I relish everything that is associated to being one - joy, sadness, success, failure, fun, hardship, blessings and sacrifices.  

I also remember my own mother - her love and sacrifice all these years, my mother-in-law - her own hardships to raise all 5 of her boys as wonderful Christians.  These two women are my inspirations in being Mom to my 3 young children.

No comments:

Post a Comment