Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 78: Practice


In a few days my son will be graduating from Preschool.  For the past week or so, he and his classmates have been busy practicing for their Baccalaureate Service and Graduation Exercises.  I was given a sneak peek during their final rehearsal today for their Baccalaureate this coming Sunday.

The excitement is evident in their eyes.  It was a wonder they didn't mind being asked to do their numbers over and over until they got it perfectly.  They were all bundled up with tremendous energy and vibe.  Everywhere else, the faculty and administration were busy putting up the finishing touches to the backdrop, checking the program sequence and perfecting the script.

Looking around, I was brought to my own memory flashes of graduation practice week...of which I had three: elementary, high school and college.  They all seem like a blur now but I can still remember the feeling of pride and accomplishment I had then.  I'm sure my son and his classmates feel exactly the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment