Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 70: Remembering MELOT

It was during the years between 1994 and 1996 that I have come to know a bubbly young lady uniquely named "Melot".  She joined ATS' QuEST through the Business Measurement Team (BMT).  From the moment she stepped into the Makati office, she has shone such magnificent light and vibe to everyone. Being petite and exhibiting such an impish smile, Melot clearly became the "baby" of the group.

Indeed, she was young when she first worked with us but she had displayed maturity and professionalism way beyond her years.  The different projects of BMT definitely excited and challenged her.  She loved all the traveling that came with the job.  If my memory serves me right, I might have taken maybe 2 or 3 SuperFerry trips with her while doing some Expectation or Satisfaction study.  I was from another team but there was a time I had to render an extra hand at BMT since it was the time of the WGA merger and everything was toxic!  Work surely became so much fun when Melot was around, she made sure of that.

I kind of lost touch with Melot shortly after I left the company in 1996 and although I made a comeback in 1998, she was no longer with the group when that time came.  My communication with her resurfaced last year through Facebook.  It was also that time when I came to know of her battle with ovarian cancer.  Browsing through her photos, you wouldn't really know of her painful and difficult physical journey because all you'd see are smiles and twinkling eyes.  If there's one thing I know about Melot, it's the strength of her faith in God.  And I knew it was God himself who was guiding her throughout her ordeal.  

It would be two weeks ago today that our dear MARIE ROSE - 'Melot' went back home to the Father.  I was shocked and sad to hear of the news but I was also thankful that her physical pain and suffering has ended.  She put up a great fight with her illness and it was time for her to finally be with our Lord.  The immense outpouring of love and prayers only showed how much Melot is loved by all her family and friends.  She will be missed greatly by us all.  I'd like to remember my dearest friend for her husky, booming and hearty laugh that would send everyone else in the room into a chorus of joyous laughter.

Melot, thank you for the memories, the laughter and the tears...rest well, my friend...until we meet again.





1 comment:

  1. nice words for a very nice person : ) to melot, 'till we meet again...

    ReplyDelete