Saturday, March 6, 2010

Day 64: Breakfast of Champions and a Champion Breakfast

I'm a breakfast person.  For some reason I can't explain, my favorite meal of the day is BREAKFAST.  So you could say that I "freak out" whenever I see a diner type of resto.  When the defunct Country Waffles was still the all-day breakfast place to go, my Dad would treat me to a huge platter of Sausage/Bacon, Eggs and Fried Rice plus my fave Peanut Butter and Banana Pancakes on the side.  I was sad when the place figured in a major business scandal some years back.  Apparently, this love for breakfast has rubbed off on my son.  He too, looks forward to breakfast as the meal like no other.  He is happiest when served with Garlic Fried Rice, Chorizo Cebu and Eggs (either sunny-side up or scrambled).

Today, our breakfast consisted of Pampanga Longganisa, Plain Rice (but I placed some soy-longganisa cooking juice combo on top) and Scrambled Egg.  It sure beats any breakfast meal from the nearby fastfood chain.  It was so good, Jarred requested me to pack up the leftovers into his lunch box so that he could have a part 2 during recess in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment