Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 42: Puruntong

Ever since his Mama Lola gifted him with 4 pairs of puruntong pants (loose-fit shorts/pants), Jarred has preferred to wear these at home instead of his usual shorts and jogging pants.  Maybe it's the comfort of the loose fit that has got him doing the groove?  I don't know...One thing's for sure though...he loves wearing them all the time!

*** I'm not sure why these type of shorts/pants are called puruntong but I'd like to offer a guess...I think they're named after the character of comedy actor, Dolphy, John Puruntong from the defunct comedy show, "John and Marsha".  In the show, he's often seen wearing these loose-fit pants and so maybe when they hit the fashion market, people started calling them "puruntong".

1 comment:

  1. that's so cute! Bea's not into puruntong shorts nor was I but I like it on boys! tee hee!

    ReplyDelete